Everyone wants those cut, six-pack abs, especially come summertime when you can really show them off. Ladies in their bikinis and crop tops and guys shirtless all the time, looking great is taken to a whole new level when you have the definition. You can obtain that awesome six-pack with the right amount of consistency and willpower.
Obtaining six-pack abs comes down to the usual diet and exercise, but understanding the specifics is what will make the difference between trying for six-pack abs and actually getting them.
- Eat Clean – The key to a healthy diet that is effective for dropping excess weight and trimming fat is eating “clean”. This means avoiding processed foods, fast foods, and other foods that are high in fat, sodium, and chemicals. Instead eat an all-natural diet that focuses on plenty of fresh produce, whole grains, and lean protein sources.
- Eat Enough – Many people consider diets to be all about withholding food, but that is simply not the case for healthy and effective diets. Start thinking about the word “diet” in a different way, which simply means eating better for a healthier lifestyle. You should always eat enough calories to feed your body so that you have enough energy and fuel to keep your body healthy.
- Go Plant Based: Eating a mostly raw, plant-based diet has shown to be extremely effective for weight loss and healthy lifestyles of all types. This is a great diet to explore for anyone that is looking to trim excess belly fat and make room for those cut abs.
- Stay Hydrated – Drinking enough water and fluids is an important part of any diet. You want to keep those muscles hydrated.
- Consistency Is Key – When you are looking to trim fat and define muscles, remember that consistency with your exercises is the most important factor. After all, you can’t just do one workout and expect it to work. You need to target particular muscle groups and repeat these exercises on a consistent basis.
- Keep Up With Cardio: To get those six pack abs, you cannot just rely on crunches alone. Cardio workouts are an important part of any exercise regimen, especially because it helps you trim excess fat. As your abdominals get stronger, you may notice that you use them more during your cardio workouts, too.
- Core Strengthening – Definition starts at your core. This group of muscles, including your abdominals and back muscles, helps maintain your balance and makes your targeted abdominal exercises exponentially more effective. Most core exercises, like planking and v-sit exercises, are also more effective for defined abs than most crunches.
- The Right Workouts – As mentioned before, getting six-pack abs isn’t just about crunches. In fact, you will need many targeted exercises to reach all of the different parts of your abdominal muscles to achieve six-pack abs. These targeted exercises combined with core strengthening workouts are what will make those six-pack abs happen.
If you follow these key fundamentals and stay motivated to follow through, you can obtain those sexy six-pack abs. Just imagine how good you will look poolside or walking along the beach this summer, and how positively great you will feel.