If you’re a busy woman who may be a mother, have a career and who still needs time left over for your partner, it’s not always easy to find time to exercise. It you’re looking for fat burning exercises to fit that busy life, the best ones involve aerobic activity that gets the heart pumping. Here are some great exercises to try:
- Running – Even though not everyone can practice running safely (check with your doctor first), running is still one of the best ways to burn a lot of calories fast. Try sprinting fast for twenty seconds, then jogging at a slower pace for a minute and repeat. Wear a sports bra and supportive fitness clothing especially made for women for added safety.
- Fast Walking – A safer method of burning calories fast is walking quickly. There is a lot less impact, but you won’t be able to cover as much ground. However, the safety can’t be beat as you won’t cause any damage to your joints or internal organs with fast walking.
- Swimming – If you need a super low impact form of exercise that can burn a lot of fat, try swimming. But, you can’t just do any kind of swimming. Shoot for moves that cause you to use all of your body, your arms and your legs such as the butterfly stroke and the breast stroke, so that you can burn the most calories and fat in each movement.
- Aerobics – You know the good old-fashioned dance aerobics that your momma used to do? It is popular for a reason: it works. It’s also fun to do and you can burn an enormous amount of calories in a short period of time if you make large, exaggerated movements.
- Dance – Almost any sort of dancing is a great calorie burner. If you wonder why you were skinny “back in the day,” it is probably due to going out dancing on the weekend. Dancing is fun to do. You want to do dances that cause you to breathe hard and sweat. Don’t be shy either; you don’t even need a partner. You just need good music and a little space in your living room.
- Spinning – This is a type of bike riding where the bike doesn’t actually move, and you have a leader running you through the paces in super-fast intervals with fast intervals. This is for advanced exercise veterans and not for the infirm.
- Jumping Jacks – The exercise you did in PE during elementary school is actually an excellent fat burner. You need to make big movements and move quickly to get the full effect. Try doing three sets of 100 reps to get your day moving.
- Jump Rope – This is an excellent way to burn fat for anyone. You can move very quickly and try different types of moves from jumping, to skipping, to one leg or two. Shoot for three sets of 100 reps.
- Rebounding – Made popular by astronauts, this form of exercising which requires that the exerciser jump up and down on a small trampoline has great benefits outside of fat burning. It works every muscle in the body and burns an enormous amount of calories – twice as much as running in some cases, without the stress on the body.
Besides these exercises, ensure that you drink enough water, eat less fat, and watch your caloric intake. However, don’t cut your calories too much to avoid the starvation effect that causes your body to shut down on its fat burning efforts.